McKnight Consulting looks at the past to inform the present through an array of Public History Projects designed to educate and inspire people of all ages. To that end, we:
- Preserve historic properties using the most cutting edge building science methods.
- Research history, genealogy, property ownership, community activities and more.
- Advise individuals on preservation of family photos and heirlooms.
- Develop and implement interactive public programs, festivals, events.
- Research & develop interpretive plans, guided tour scripts and narratives.
Cultivate a thriving, engaged community through Public History Initiatives for:
- villages & towns
- museums & historic sites
- historical societies
- tourism & economic development committees
- chambers of commerce
- business alliances & associations
- civic organizations
The services we offer include:
- Developing & Coordinating Public Programs, Festivals & Special Events
- Researching & Developing Public Tour Programs
- Genealogy Research & Assistance with Family Reunions
- Site-specific History Research
- Facilitating Community Conversations
- Promoting the unique characteristics of your town to attract tourism
- Research, Develop and Implement History Exhibits
We are here to help. Contact us to discuss your project. Initial consultation is no charge. Reasonable rates to fit your budget.